10 Thanksgiving activities for an all day adventure: an hour by hour plan
Thanksgiving can be more than just a delicious meal. Here are 10 fun ideas for each hour of the day to turn your Thanksgiving into a day full of adventure!
Hour 1: GIVE GRATITUDE
* Start the day off with the simple act of gratitude. Spend a few moments writing out a gratitude list or create a gratitude jar and have each person in the house write down one thing they are grateful for and put them in the jar. Read your lists before or after your Thanksgiving meal.
Hour 2: GET MOVING
* Jump into a yoga class focusing on gratitude or centering. Go for a walk. Play a game of backyard football. Join in for a local turkey trot race. Exercise can boost your happiness and help you burn off some calories before you eat ALL THE PIES!
HOUR 3: VIDEO CALL SOMEONE WHO YOU APPRECIATE
* Make few phone calls early in the day to catch up with an old friend, a relative, or someone who has made your world a better place.
HOUR 4: WRITE THANK YOU NOTES TO YOUR NEIGHBORS
*Our neighborhoods and communities play a big role in our everyday lives and we all know it takes a village to make this life happen. Let the people who live closest to you know that they are making a difference in your quality of life.
HOUR 5: PLAY A BOARD GAME
* Let the kids lead the way on this one. Slow down, spend the quality time completely focused on enjoying the moment.
HOUR 6: TAKE FAMILY PHOTOS
* This one could be SOOOO fun. Plan a silly photo, a picture perfect photo, indoor photos, outdoor photos, action photos, or recreate old photos. Get as creative as you can on this. Post your pics on social or use them to create an epic holiday card to send this year.
HOUR 7: DANCE PARTY
*Put on favorite tunes and dance, dance, dance. Make sure everyone shows off their best moves and give a prize away for the best solo performance.
HOUR 8: REFLECT AND CREATE
*Spend some time reflecting on how far you have come this year. You have accomplished so much! After you have remembered how incredible you are, create a vision board on the things you would like to accomplish win the upcoming year.
HOUR 9: Family Read In
*Get some alone time in the when everyone indulges in their favorite book, magazine, comic book, or picture book. Spice it up a little bit if you want and have everyone read a chapter or a page of their book or just swap books all together and perhaps you can discover a new genre that you like.
HOUR 10: TIME TO FEAST
*Enjoy your meal!